Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Fetchable?
- How does Fetchable work?
- Who sets up all of the required shipping (including long distance ground and courier transportation, air service and all transfers between them)?
- Is the delivery timeline dependent on the Canadian North flight schedule?
- Can deliveries go beyond Canadian North destinations?
- Can I phone in a Fetchable shipment request, or do I have to book all shipments online?
- Do I have to tell the store that Fetchable is picking up my package? If so, who do I contact at the store?
- Who do I contact if my items go missing or are damaged when I received them?
- Are there packaging and boxing requirements for Fetchable shipments?
- Can you ship dangerous goods? Is there any extra paperwork I’m required to fill out? If so, where would I find this?
- If flights are cancelled, what happens to my perishable goods?
- Will my perishable items be labelled ‘fresh’ or ‘frozen’ so workers know where to store them?
- If my shipment requires more than one carrier, will I receive multiple tracking numbers?
- Do you ship on holidays?
- What should I do if I can’t track my shipment online?
- Can I get e-mail notifications of my shipments progress or status?
- Can I re-route my shipment while in transit?
- What should I do if my shipment arrived late
1. What is Fetchable?
Fetchable is an easy-to-use online shipping service created specifically for northern shipping needs. We can deliver a limitless array of goods to people and businesses – things like fresh produce and meat, frozen and canned food, clothing, electronics, furniture, hardware, tires or automotive parts – with infinite selection since we can ship them from almost anywhere.
And we’re available 24/7. You can get an instant shipping quote and arrange delivery any time of the day or night, on weekends and even on holidays.
Fetchable is proudly powered by BBE Expediting and Canadian North.
2. How does Fetchable work?
Simply visit www.fetchable.ca and provide details about your shipment. You can arrange all of the shipping that is required – including multiple options for long-distance ground shipping, local courier transportation and Canadian North air service – all in one spot, with one easy and affordable transaction.
We’ll pick it up wherever it is and bring it to wherever it needs to go – simple as that. And you can track your shipment every step of the way.
3. Who sets up all of the required shipping (including long distance ground and courier transportation, air service and all transfers between them)?
Fetchable will arrange the pick-up, drop-off and any transfers necessary in between for you. We will provide the necessary instructions to everyone involved. You just need to tell us where to pick it up and where to bring it to. We’ll handle the rest.
4. Is the delivery timeline dependent on the Canadian North flight schedule?
Yes. The delivery timeline is based upon two factors:
- The service level selected
- Get It Now – 2 days
- Get It Fast – 4 days
- Get It – 7 days
- The availability of flights within the Canadian North flight schedule
In cases where daily flights are not available, Fetchable will move your shipment into or out of your community on the next available flight within the service level selected.
5. Can deliveries go beyond Canadian North destinations?
Right now, Fetchable will only be available to communities served by Canadian North. We want all Northerners to benefit from this new, better cargo service, so we will work on forming partnerships to extend our service to northern communities beyond our network.
The following is a list of communities served by Canadian North
- Cape Dorset
- Hall Beach
- Pond Inlet
- Rankin Inlet
- Cambridge Bay
- Gjoa Haven
- Norman Wells
6. Can I phone in a Fetchable shipment request, or do I have to book all shipments online?
Fetchable is a designed to be a self-serve online service, so shipments must be booked at www.fetchable.ca. We have designed the booking process to be quick and easy, with customer service support available at 1.844.790.6833.
7. Do I have to tell the store that Fetchable is picking up my package? If so, who do I contact at the store?
In most cases, you should call the retailer’s general customer service line and let them know that you will be arranging your own courier pickup from the store via www.fetchable.ca. You should ask for the following information from them:
- An order confirmation number
- Package weight
- Package dimensions
- A timeline that the item will be available for pick-up (i.e. the date that the item will be ready to be picked up, and hours of operation for the retail location).
We are working on creating special arrangements with retail locations that are particularly popular to further simplify the ordering process.
8. Who do I contact if my items go missing or are damaged when I received them?
Please contact Fetchable support at 1.844.790.6833 so we can assist you. We’ll do everything in our power to ensure the best outcome for you and your items.
9. Are there packaging and boxing requirements for Fetchable shipments?
Yes. Your shipment is going to travel a long way and you don't want it damaged along its journey. Here are some important tips:
- Use a good cardboard box or envelope. And be sure to take off any old labels or markings from previous shipments
- Place our label on your shipment, 2 labelled sides are preferred to make it really visible
- Pack heavy items at the bottom of the box with lighter items on top
- Be sure to cushion fragile items to prevent damage to your shipment
- Use strong packaging tape to secure the box. Avoid use of string or rope to do this job
- Tape all the seams of the box, we want your stuff protected!
- Your shipment could be considered a dangerous or hazardous good if it is powered by lithium batteries, contains fuel, aerosols, cylinders, ammunition or dry ice. We can’t service your request online, so please call our support line for assistance
Call us if you have any packaging questions, 1-844-790-6833.
10. Can you ship dangerous goods? Is there any extra paperwork I’m required to fill out? If so, where would I find this?
Dangerous goods are eligible for shipping with appropriate guidelines and restrictions and can be booked for shipping at www.fetchable.ca.
You can find a full list of items considered dangerous goods on www.fetchable.ca. If you are shipping dangerous goods, you will be prompted to provide additional information on top of the regular shipment details. Additional fees will apply for shipment of dangerous goods.
11. If flights are cancelled, what happens to my perishable goods?
BBE, Canadian North and any other Fetchable supply chain participants will store perishable goods at the appropriate temperatures as long as they are properly identified when the shipment is booked at www.fetchable.ca.
12. Will my perishable items be labelled ‘fresh’ or ‘frozen’ so workers know where to store them?
Perishable items are identified during the online booking process and are noted on the paperwork that is automatically produced and attached to the box. Additional labelling will also be affixed upon receipt at BBE and Canadian North cargo warehouses.
13. If my shipment requires more than one carrier, will I receive multiple tracking numbers?
You will receive a Fetchable master tracking number (FE#######) which you can use to track your shipment online at every step. You will also receive any applicable bills of lading numbers and air waybill numbers for your reference.
14. Do you ship on holidays?
Shipments can be booked and tracked 24/7 at www.fetchable.ca Goods will move on almost all days except some statutory holidays and weekends
15. What should I do if I can’t track my shipment online?
Please call Fetchable support # at 1.844.790.6833.
16. Can I get e-mail notifications of my shipments progress or status?
When your shipment is booked on www.fetchable.ca, you will receive a confirmation email that includes a tracking number. You can use that tracking number to track your shipment at any time. You will not receive any further email notifications.
17. Can I re-route my shipment while in transit?
It may or may not be possible based on where it is in the shipping path, and there may be additional fees required. Please call Fetchable support # at 1.844.790.6833 to discuss.
18. What should I do if my shipment arrived late?
Delivery timelines may be affected by conditions that are outside the control of Fetchable and its supply chain partners, such as weather. If your shipment has been delayed, please contact Fetchable support at 1.844.790.6833.